Several things running through my head at the moment. None are really long enough for a proper blog post so I'm doing a hodgepodge. A bonus for those with short attention spans, you're welcome! For those without short...oh look a squirrel!
- I have an evil tooth. It started hurting pretty good (bad?) this past Saturday. I got in with the entodontist on Monday who said we could 1) do a rood canal and cap, but that wasn't likely to be a good solution because the cavity is at the gum line, or 2) pull it. I decided to pull it as I am not enjoying repeated bone infections of the root canal/cap on the other side of my face. Made an appointment with an office who has an oral surgeon. Picked them because they were close to home and advertised they can often do extractions on the same day. Nope, Oct 17th. So several more weeks of toothache fun.
- I am awesome. Yes, after waiting a year for someone to do something about the entertainment center and tv that have been sitting around our house, I moved them outside. Not only that, I put them on Craigslist's free section. The billion pound tv is GONE already. I have my entry way and kitchen space back - yeah me! (what is that saying, if you want something done, do it yourself?)
- Today I contacted Front Range Community College to get my login worked out so I could see about taking classes. You see, I'm thinking of taking some accounting classes since playing with numbers and organizing things is fun for me. As a bonus, I'm good at those things too! I did take an accounting class way back in, say, 1988, but I'm thinking things may have changed a bit since the paper ledgers that we used in that class. Soooo I logged in and looked at what classes I'd need, even put one in my "cart." Then I got sticker shock at the $900+ that it would cost for ONE frickin' class and ran away. Damn. Well, maybe I'll figure that out another day.
- Did you notice that it is autumn outside? Well it is here in the northern hemisphere and it is LOVELY. Ok, the 90 degree days that have cropped up have not been anything remotely lovely, but the changing leaves, the rain, the produce, the smell...ah, autumn, I love you so much. You will forever be the best time of the year. One where I can be cool but not cold. Everything is gorgeously colored. Stews and soups are back on the menu. Knitting can be done again without sweating all over your yarn. And, the best part, we are as far from summer as we can be. Perfect. (sorry, summer lovers. I know you far outnumber me, but I so hate summer. I know how you feel to lose your favorite season though. And you are probably dreading winter coming the way I spend spring dreading when summer will rear its ugly head and usher in the non-stop 90+ degree days. Hold tough, your time will come again. Unfortunately)
- School. So yes, the girls are still homeschooled. They do a lot of activities besides so we keep running about on a regular basis. Right now we have quasi school, soccer, violin, Lego robotics, 4H, rabbit shows, and puppet choir. Soon dog training and dance will start up again, quickly followed by horse bowl and rabbit judging. But then robotics and soccer will end too.
- We've also been doing a schedule for school, chores, practices, etc. I printed up a spreadsheet of what needs to get done and what's happening each day for each girl. They are doing pretty well getting the schoolwork part done. Also doing really well at ignoring the chores section. Nothing's perfect, right? We'll keep working at it until it works, or we try something else.
- While in spreadsheet mode, I also made a menu plan for 1/2 of September and all of October. I mapped out meals for 5 days a week. One is a crockpot meal, one involves an egg dish (due to chickens in residence,) and then there are three other meals, at least one of which is something new from one of the many cooking magazines we receive each month. So far, things have been working out pretty well.
Alright, well, I probably have more to say but it's time to pick up the urchins from quasischool so off I go!